Arkema is showcasing its latest composites innovations at JEC World 2017 tradeshow, in Paris - Villepinte (Stand U39 – Hall 5).
Clearstrength® XT100 - Shell Impact Modifier
MBS Core/ Shell Impact Modifier
- It is designed to meet the most demanding technical requirements of thermoset applications such as structural adhesives (e.g. methacrylates, epoxy…) and high performance composites.
- Clearstrength® XT100 is particularly recommended to increase the toughness and/or adhesion of high performance thermoset formulations.
- It can be advantageously use to replace conventional core/shell modifier powders but also liquid masterbatches containing pre-dispersed core/shell particles.
- Clearstrength® MBS impact modifiers are available around the world for use in engineering resins applications.
- The Clearstrength® E-series has been developed to withstand severe processing conditions
- Applications include PC/ABS monitor housings, PC/PBT automotive bumpers, and PC cell phone housings among a host of others.
- MBS Clearstrength® XT100 offers the possibility to bring impact performances in high performance composites and structural adhesives markets.
Reduce Fuel Consumption
Saving weight in order to reduce fuel consumption and recycling end-of-life materials are key issues for the transportation sector. According to European regulations, CO2
emission ceilings per car will go from 130 down to 95g/km by 2020. Carmakers are also required to use 95% of recyclable or reusable materials in their vehicles.
Arkema’s Research into Lightweight Vehicles
Arkema announces the launch of its new Rilsan® Matrix series of high temperature, high performance polyamide resins especially designed for light weight automotive composites.
These resins are filled with either carbon fibers
or glass fibers and are supplied in the form of unidirectional tapes which enable the manufacture of composite parts using new and innovative processes designed for the high output requirements of this industry. This latest development is a proud step forward for our famous brand.
“We have indeed demonstrated the industrial viability of the project. Elium® is today the only thermoplastic that can accommodate the conventional tools and processes used to manufacture turbine blades
” explains Michel Glotin, Materials Scientific Director at Arkema.
A major and renowned player in thermoplastic composite materials, Arkema continues its development work, involving collaboration with many public and private partners around the world.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Its balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Its globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of €7.7 billion in 2015, it employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide and operates in close to 50 countries.