TOKYO, Japan -- The Teijin Group has announced that it will showcase a wide range of high-performance composite products at JEC World 2017, the annual exhibition that will take place this year from March 14 to 16 in Paris.
Eco-minded Composite Solutions
The Teijin booth (hall 6, booth G28) and a newly affiliated Teijin Group company Continental Structural Plastics Opening a new window booth (hall 6, booth P28) will present a number of displays, including:
Twaron and Technora Para-aramid Fibers
- Offering attractive energy-saving and eco-minded composite solutions.
- They have excellent properties in stiffness, strength, damage tolerance and aesthetics
- Used in boat hulls and sails, hockey sticks, motorcycle helmets and other sporting goods.
- They also enable air cargo's unit load devices (ULDs) significantly lighter and durable
- Moreover, Twaron provides endless opportunities for lightweight solutions in body armor and hard ballistics.
TENAX Part via Preform (PvP),
- Enables serial production of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) automotive parts.
- TENAX carbon fiber helpsbto reduce carbon fiber waste and minimize intermediate processing.
- The injection uses a high-pressure resin transfer molding (HP-RTM) technology including an in-mold coating step providing easy surface painting.
- Delivery of an automotive part produced in small series has started and a car including this part will be exhibited.
TENAX-E COMPOUND rPEEK CF30
- A reinforced material combination of a reinforced material combination of waste materials and recycled semi crystalline PEEK polymer,
- Contains 30% of carbon fiber by weight and offers a high performance in strength and stiffness for injection molding applications.
- It has almost identical performance to virgin standard material in tensile modulus and strength, viscosity, chemical resistance, abrasion and low moisture absorption.
- It also reduces 40-60% of selling price compared to virgin carbon fiber reinforced PEEK compounds.
Sereebo, the world's first mass-production technology for carbon fiber reinforced thermoplastic (CFRTP), improves production efficiency by significantly reducing molding time to less than one minute. Useful solutions are possible for high-volume mass production of automotive parts such as front bulkhead and crash can, monocoque-structure cameras and more.
JEC World 2017 is organized by the JEC Group, the world’s largest composites industry organization with a network of 550,000 composite industry professionals around the world.
About the Teijin Group
Teijin is a technology-driven global group offering advanced solutions in the areas of sustainable transportation, information and electronics, safety and protection, environment and energy, and healthcare. Its main fields of operation are high-performance fibers such as aramid, carbon fibers & composites, healthcare, films, resin & plastic processing, polyester fibers, products converting and IT. The group has some 150 companies and around 16,000 employees spread out over 20 countries worldwide. It posted consolidated sales of JPY790.7 billion (USD 7.4 billion) and total assets of JPY 823.4 billion (USD 7.7 billion) in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016.